TORREY LOG CHURCH & SCHOOL HOUSE
National Register - Utah Historic Site
The Torrey Log Church/School House, completed in 1898, is locally significant as the first church building and first school building in the pioneer community of Torrey, settled in the 1890s.
The building is architecturally significant as one of approximately one dozen remaining Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints meeting houses built in the original settlement phase. It is the only known example of a log meeting house still standing in the state.
The building is made with sawn logs joined at the corners with carefully executed half-dovetailed notchings.